The Fellowship Community Church in Waskada, MB is looking to hire a Youth Ministry Pastor/Coordinator. We are a small town in Southwest Manitoba that is affiliated with the Congregational Christian Churches in Canada.
This is a full or part time position.
The Youth Pastor provides leadership and oversight of the youth ministry at Fellowship Community Church. The person in this role is responsible for implementing a weekly program, developing a team of volunteer leaders, planning events, and mentoring students. These initiatives all serve to support our teenagers’ spiritual and emotional development as they live out their faith and become disciples of Christ.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide a consistent weekly youth group program that includes engaging games, worship and preaching. This could include a weekly Bible Study Night and Youth Event Night.
- Communicate regularly with local churches, schools, youth groups etc. to develop a relationship of trust and respect with leaders in Southwest Manitoba and to encourage support and participation in youth events.
- Recruit and equip a team of volunteer leaders to help run the various elements of the youth group.
- Plan large events as an opportunity for youth to develop strong friendships and as an outreach to Southwest Manitoba.
- Develop a mentorship program for leaders and youth.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Work in collaboration with the leadership team on church vision and strategy.
- Participate in the planning and execution of church-wide events in coordination with the leadership team.
- Participate and assist in our Children’s Day Camp for one week each summer.
- Teach teen Sunday school class 3 out of 4 Sundays.
- Participate in Family Sunday the last Sunday of every month.
Potential Responsibilities: If a youth pastor candidate has the capacity for the following responsibilities, we would consider that to be an asset; however, these roles are not necessary for being hired.
- Facilitate a Young Adults Ministry
- Assist our church in managing our digital media platforms (Website, Instagram etc)
Qualification for Role:
- An authentic and deepening relationship with Christ.
- A passion for youth.
- A self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Previous experience volunteering in a youth group or working as a youth pastor an asset.
- Post-secondary theological education an asset.
- Good communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to relate well with others and be a team player.
- Displays leadership qualities like faith, vision, maturity, wisdom, love.
- Aptitude for computers and social media an asset.
Wage: Wage negotiable based on experience and education.
Instructions on how to apply:
All interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter indicating how they meet the qualifications of the position. This can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Youth Pastor/Coordinator Job Application” in the subject line.
Suggested Application Deadline: August 28, 2021
Expected Start Date: September 12, 2021